The fun Pistol Shoot
All shoots are on a Saturday starting at 10am on the Action Ranges.
July 21 Aug 18 Sept 15 Oct 20
Coordinator: Ave Bernard
About the Club:
This is a club-sponsored event.
We shoot from April through October, once a month or as schedules permit.
It is open to any member and one guest.
All types of handguns are permitted.
Members will be notified by email when shoots will take place. (Web calendar, phone message)
Cost: A fee of $4.00 is for club shooter fee and replacement of targets.
Pistol Club Goals:
1) To promote a safe, friendly and fun pistol shooting environment for all members.
2) To help members raise their shooting skill levels.
3) To shoot safely at all times.
What do we shoot:
1) We shoot regular pistol targets.
2) We have fun and game targets.
3) We shoot from the firing line.
4) All targets supplied, paper, cardboard, clay targets, metal spinners (.22 only)
5) All levels of shooters allowed.
6) Pistols allowed are, .22 through a .460 – semis and revolvers.
1) We will be shooting IDPA style shoots, easy rules, no timers, no points unless requested. This will be based upon how many want to shoot this and if we have enough safety range officers.
2) We will be shooting defensive type shooting scenarios.
3) Before a holstered shoot, you will be given a safety class on this type of IDPA shooting.
4) This type of shooting requires, listening to commands, drawing from a holster, movement and magazine changes at multiple targets. This is not for everyone.
5) Needed are Safety Officers.
General Safety Rules:
1) Eye and ear protection is required of all shooters and spectators.
2) Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction, downrange.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target.
4) Be sure of your target. (Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it. Never shoot anything you have not positively identified.)
5) Actions must be open with muzzle pointed down range upon arrival and when not firing.
6) No handling or adjusting of firearms while anyone is down range.
7) No firing is allowed over or to the sides of the backstop.
8) Anyone seeing an unsafe condition may declare a cease-fire.
9) When a range master calls for a cease-fire, shooters will stop shooting, empty and clear their gun, remove clips (autos) and bullets from a revolver, with actions open.
10) Bench firearm, point muzzle down range and step behind the yellow safety line.
11) Wait for instructions, when all clear is stated and range is safe the shooter may then go down range to check targets.
12) Upon returning shooters will stay behind the yellow safety line until the range master calls for shooters to approach the firing line.
13) No gun handling is allowed while any shooter is down range.
14) No firing from and concealed holster.
15) No quick draw or rapid firing allowed.
1) The only authorized targets are to be paper ones tacked or stapled to the target holders, clay birds on backstop or metal spinners for .22 cal. No glass, cans, bottles or boxes for targets.
2) Please remove all targets after shooting is completed.
3) Please deposit trash, brass, steel cases and unwanted targets in the trashcans or recycled brass containers provided.
4) Anyone in obvious violation of range rules will be asked to leave.