Getting involved with your gun club is more than just showing up to shoot.
General Business Meetings
“There’s more than showing up for target practice.”
- Past history of the club is a handful of the same members show up for these meetings. We use to have business meetings monthly, now they are quarterly.
- Just a reminder, this is YOUR club. You pay dues which in turn gives you a voice in helping guide our club into the future. We also vote about improvements to the grounds, upcoming projects.
- We would love to see a packed house and to give some relief to those same few members making all of YOUR/OUR decisions. Input and fresh ideas really help.
Picking Up After Shooting
- When your on a range ready to leave please take a moment to look around to make sure your brass is picked up (if you don’t keep your brass please put it in the brass collection containers).
- Pistol Range targets and target stands. There is nothing like going to the Pistol Range only to find the previous shooter(s) where to lazy to put the stands and target frames back. You are not the maids of the inconsiderate member(s) who left the mess. We know it’s a pain when others don’t just put it back where it belongs.
Shooting at Things Other Than Paper Targets
The club has signs to follow directions as we are a Range Master Free club. Everyone is on the honor system. Please don’t shoot at the signs, wood post, rocks, the ground as bullets ricochet.
From time to time we call on members to help maintain the club grounds which includes, brush, tree, berms, trash, etc. that needs to be done. Becuase hardly anyone shows up we then have to inturn hire a contractor to do what some members can do to avoid spending unnessicary money that can go to new euipment.