Handgun Safety Information Page
2018 Handgun Safety Class Schedule
Jan 27 | Feb 24 | Mar 24 | Apr 14 | Jun 23 | Jul 28 | Aug 25 | Sept 22 | Oct 27
All classes are on Saturday and start at 9:00am in the clubhouse.
Cost and location:
- Cost: $20.00 in advance; make check payable to “Handgun Safety Class“.
- Date/Time 9:00am to 4:00pm. Select class date on the form.
- Location: SRGC Clubhouse, 87227 Munsel Lake Road, Florence
- Directions: At the north end of Florence, turn east onto Munsel Lake Rd,. off HWY 101, north of the Fred Meyer Store. Drive east on Munsel Lake Road 1/2 mile and turn left through the open gate at the Rod and Gun Club entrance. The clubhouse is at the top of a small hill on the right.
- Parking: There is parking on both sides of the clubhouse road and parking for the disabled is adjacent to the clubhouse.
What you need to bring:
- Bring the handgun you wish to use for the class.At least 50 rounds of ammunition of the same caliber as the handgun you bring.
- If you do not have a handgun, or if you are not sure what kind of handgun yu would like to purchase, there are some handguns available for a fee of $10.00, plus the cost of ammunition.
- If you intend to rent a handgun, pleas note this on the form. The instructor will have .38 special ammunition available the day of the class at current market price per box of 50. No other calibers of ammunition will be available for sale at the Rod and Gun Club.
Upon arrival at the clubhouse:
- Leave the ammunition in your vehicle and bring the unloaded handgun to the class room for a safety check.
- Please be sure the handgun is in good working order and clean.
What to expect:
- Approximately four hours of classroom instruction.
- A 30-minute lunch break. We suggest you bring a lunch; a refrigerator and soft drink machine are available at the clubhouse,
- “One on One” coaching on the pistor range. Each student will have and assigned coach and all firing will be done under close supervision and “on command”.
- Eye and ear protection will be provided if you don’ have your own. Shooters are encouraged to purchase eye and ear protection and use then any time firearms are being used in your vicinity.
- Class will be held rain or shine; the firing line is covered.
You must be at least 21 years of age to apply for a CHL at the Sheriff’s office in the county where you live however, you may still take the class if you are under 21 and receive a certificate if you pass the class. If under 18, your parent or guardian must accompany you to the class and sign the waver of liability.
Please return the form and your check payable to “Handgun Safety Class“, as soon as possible to reserve your place in the first available class. The class fee is non-refundable. If a scheduling conflict does come up, you may reschedule for another date by calling 541-997-8702. There will be a $10.00 fee to reschedule.
Dated 12/24/2017 – Destroy Previous or Undated Copies