NOTICE: ALL RANGES DO NOT HAVE A RANGE-MASTER. YOU ARE ON THE HONOR SYSTEM. PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT ANYTHING EXECPT APPROVED PAPER TARGETS. MAKE SURE YOUR BULLETS IMPACT THE BERMS. NO CROSS LANE SHOOTING. DO NOT SHOOT AT THE GROUND. IF YOU SEE ANYONE BREAKING THESE RULES LET US KNOW.
The rifle range is located on the west side of the grounds. The range consist of 25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 yard ranges. Improvements are being made to enclose the back of the firing line in late 2011 or early 2012.
Safety is the number one priority at any gun club. To insure safety, when you leave the firing line to go down range there are flashing red lights. Persons going down range MUST turn on the red lights. Right away this notifies others that some one is on the range. All rifles, handguns should be open, pointed down range and other shooters not going after targets should stand behind the yellow caution line away from the benches.
RIFLE RANGE RULES
1. Wear eye and ear protection at all times.
2. Shoot ONLY paper targets
3. Make sure your bullets impact the berms for the range you are shooting on.
4. Do not skip bullets off the ground.
5. No rapid fire of fully auto rifles allowed.
6. No 50 BMG allowed
7. Use the red flashing safety lights when going down range.
8. All shooters not going down range will stand behind the yellow safety line and no handling of any weapons while someone is down range.
9. All rifles not being used will be stored behind you in the gun rest with actions open.
10. All actions on any gun not being fired will be in the open position.
11. No cross range shooting allowed.
12. Exploding targets are not allowed on any ranges. If you are caught shooting at these targets your membership will be revoked and you will be asked to leave the grounds immediately.